Ever played with magic slates in your childhood? Well this project will show you how to make a digital magic slate using a PC, a touch screen and few other components.
4 Wire Touch Screen Based Digital Magic Slate
1. 4-wire resistive touch screen with connector
2. ATMega16 development board with 16MHz
3. 4 X 10kohms Resistor
4. Serial to USB converter or (Serial to RS-232 + RS-232 to USB converter)
5. PC/ Laptop
1. Processing 2.0 or above (download at http://www.processing.org)
2. Java Development Kit 7 or above
Basically the project converts the analog voltage coming from the resistive touch screen into a two co-ordinate integer value and sends it to the PC through the microcontroller. The processing code takes these co-ordinates as inputs and draws a white dot for each co-ordinate, on the output screen.
For more detail: 4 Wire Touch Screen Based Digital Magic Slate