- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.4V to 40V
- 1 Resistor Sets Output Voltage: 0.4V to 32V
- Output Current: 2.1A
- ±2% Tolerance Over Line, Load and Temperature
- Output Current Monitor: IMON = IOUT/1000
- Temperature Monitor with Programmable Thermal Limit
- Programmable Cable Drop Compensation
- Parallel Multiple Devices for Higher Current
- Dropout Voltage: 330mV
- 1 Capacitor Soft-Starts Output and Decreases Noise
- Low Output Noise: 40μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Precision, Programmable External Current Limit
- Power Good Flag with Programmable Threshold
- Ceramic Output Capacitors: 10μF Minimum
- Quiescent Current in Shutdown: <1μA
- Reverse-Battery, -Current and -Output Protection
- Available in 5mm × 4mm 16-Lead DFN, 16-Lead TSSOP, 7-Lead DD-Pak and 7-Lead TO-220.
The LT®3086 is a multi-feature, low dropout, low noise 2.1A linear regulator that operates over a 1.4V to 40V input supply range. Dropout voltage at 2.1A is typically 330mV. One resistor sets output voltage from 0.4V to 32V. Output voltage tolerance is guaranteed to ±2% over line, load and temperature. The LT3086 is stable with ceramic output capacitors, requiring a minimum of 10μF.
The LT3086’s programmable cable drop compensation cancels output voltage errors caused by resistive connections to the load. A master/slave configuration allows paralleling of multiple devices for higher load current and heat spreading without external ballast resistor requirements.
Output current and temperature monitoring along with a power good flag provide system diagnostic and debug capability. Internal fault circuitry includes thermal shutdown and current limit with foldback. Thermal limit and current limit are also externally programmable.
Packages include the thermally enhanced 16-lead (5mm × 4mm) DFN, 16-lead TSSOP, 7-lead DD-Pak and 7-lead TO-220.
For more detail: LT3086 – 40V, 2.1A Low Dropout Adjustable Linear Regulator with Monitoring and Cable Drop Compensation