ThiDom Home automation
This project uses Arduino, Raspberry and Attiny, it allows you to control nd monitor your home (AC outlet, shutters, heater, light, opening detector, temperature …).
The raspberry is the web server allowing control all arduino These can be controlled from any web browser around the world. You can use your cell phone, tablet, or computer to turn on or off the outputs.
Arduino Network is a Mesh Network.
If you like this, Please vote in the competitions – top right – Thank here
Many parts I used were salvaged from old electronics, It is possible to find them at a low price
- 1 Raspberry Pi 1 B+ ~ $39.95
- 1 Arduino ~ $7.41
- 1 Reed Switch ~ $1.10
- 1 RF 433 Mhz ~$1.3
- 1 relayTemperature sensor ( sample )
- 3 NRF24L01
I have write all program, raspberry ( web server, python ) and Arduino Which allows me:
- Manage all rooms in the house
- Manage arduino module
- Manage planning for execute action automatic
- Create scenario
- Manage user
- Have Log
Python scripts allow :
- Execute plannings
- Execute scenarios
The Raspberry is used like web server for the home automation and like Media center with Kodi.
I started my project by decoding the frame of an outdoor temperature sensor (433 Mhz)
Next I developped the web interface ( 100% responsiv )
The communication happens between Raspberry and Arduino:
- An arduino (master) (which allows to communicate with all the modules) is connected in USB to the Raspberry which allows to record the information received by the arduino.
- This master allows me to recover the temperature of the room in which it is both to light on/off light and communicate with the rest of Arduino.
- The other arduino’s, communicate with the master using module nrf24l01 +, retrieve the temperature of all the rooms, manage the lamps, know if the mailman has deposited mail, know when someone sounds, if someone crossed the portal, …
- Using the module nrf24l01 +, I was able to set up a network of mesh type which allows an arduino even remote from the master to be able to communicate with him, by way of the arduino that is between them.
Inside box we find:
- 1 Raspberry ( web server and kodi )
- 1 Arduino Uno
- 1 NRF24L01+
- 1 RF 433Mhz
- 1 Hub USB
- 1 HDD
- 1 Relai
- 1 Temperature sensor
NRF24L01 And RF 433 Mhz Module
Relay (12V) made concat when someone rings, the arduino sends this action to Master and it’s view on the web site. Many action is possible with the scenario system.
Here I have used:
- 1 Arduino Uno
- 1 Relay
- 1 NRF24L01
For more detail: ThiDom Home automation
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.