Vector Software Adds Fully Integrated Static Source Code Analysis to VectorCAST

Jul 28, 2012 by


Providence, RI (PRWEB) February 23, 2012

Vector Software, the worlds leading provider of innovative software solutions for testing safety and mission critical embedded applications, announced today that fully automatic static source code analysis is now part of the VectorCAST family of products.

VectorCAST/Lint uses the Industry Standard Lint Analysis Engine for C/C++ source code. Lint analysis identifies coding and logic errors in code that is otherwise syntactically correct.

VectorCAST/Lint can examine individual source files or an entire application and provides comprehensive reporting capabilities. The VectorCAST/Lint tool is preconfigured to provide out-of-the box checking for the MISRA C, MISRA C 2004, and MISRA C++ 2008 standards.

The VectorCAST/Lint message browser makes it easy to review errors and warnings in the context of the source file where they occur. Additionally, VectorCAST/Lints message browser displays detailed explanations of the concepts behind the analysis.

Static analysis is the most cost effective method of finding bugs in your code. Typically, developers are able to identify up to 80% of bugs using static analysis. Finding the remaining 20% requires dynamic analysis, stated William McCaffrey Vector Software Chief Operating Officer. VectorCAST/Lint merges the technology of two industry standard tools into a single IDE providing unprecedented efficiency for embedded developers.

VectorCAST/Lint Features:

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Posts

I2C Bus for ATtiny and ATmega

I2C Bus for ATtiny and ATmega

I love the Atmel AVR microcontrollers! Since building the Ghetto Development System described in thi[...]
Interfacing GY 26 with atmega640

Interfacing GY 26 with atmega640

Hello friend once again with new instructable in this I will show you how to interface GY 26 with UA[...]
Using Atmega32 with Arduino IDE

Using Atmega32 with Arduino IDE

Over time I have used all kinds of Atmel microcontrollers in various projects. One of the mos[...]
Standalone Arduino / ATMega chip on breadboard

Standalone Arduino / ATMega chip on breadboard

Step 1: Parts needed I bought my parts from Digikey and Sparkfun Electronics - they're 2 of my favo[...]
Burning atmega328-pu and atmega328p-pu bootloader

Burning atmega328-pu and atmega328p-pu bootloader

Burning the boot loader in an atmega328 could be somewhat tricky but if u follow these steps correct[...]

Read more:
New galaxy-hunting sky camera sees redder better
Close