AZIZ: LED Microscope Illuminator (2013)
AZIZ is an LED microscope illuminator that I designed and built from scratch. It is designed around a Texas Instruments TLC59116 constant-current PWM LED driver chip, and an Atmel ATTiny1634 8-bit microcontroller.
- 64 LED illuminator, comprised of an inner ring of 32 super-bright white spotlight LEDs (25,000mcd) and an outer ring of 32 diffused white LEDs (8,000mcd).
- Intuitive user interface controls, designed to be used while your eyes are busy looking through the microscope.
- 10+ light patterns, with adjustable brightness, rotation and mixing controls.
- Smooth fading between patterns and adjustments.
- Soft power control, with extremely low power standby mode.
- Adapable for left-handed and right-handed use, with two separate DC power input jacks for neat cabling.
I have released the firmware under the Mozilla Public License 2. I have not yet released the complete hardware design, but the schematic is available in the repository in PDF form.
For more detail: AZIZ: LED Microscope Illuminator (2013)
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.