Seeed Studio provided Zhihui with a complete service from PCBA prototyping, customization, and consignment services, bring the product from idea to market. This has led to an open-source, Linux Development Kit with SoM and Expansion Board that runs Ubuntu Core on a quad-core Allwinner H3 called the Quantum Mini Linux Development Kit.
The SoM, Quark-N, is based on Allwinner H3, Quad-core Cortex-A7, and ARM Mali400 MP2 GPU. The carrier board, Atom-N, features an array of golden finger pins to enable I/O expansion, expand SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO, and other useful interfaces. The Quantum Mini Linux Dev. Kit is possibly the smallest Linux development board on the market. It is a highly integrated kit with quad-core CPU that can run Linux at only 40mm x 35mm, which also includes network connectivity. The development kit is suitable for scenarios such as a personal server, intelligent voice assistant, and for robotic development.
The SoM, which is called Quark-N is based on Allwinner H3, Quad-core Cortex-A7, and ARM Mali400 MP2 GPU. The 6-layer high-density gold PCB design integrates a complete ARM-Linux system (CPU, DDR, eMMC) in a 2x3cm space. Also, most of the GPIOs are connected on the board through the M.2 Key-A golden finger interface to minimize the bottom board design difficulty. However, you can design your own base plate with two-layer boards. The carrier board is called Atom-N, and Quark-N is connected to Atom-N via the M.2 interface. Atom-N features a row of golden finger pins to enable I/O expansion, expand SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO, and other interfaces to facilitate the completion of your own design. It is also equipped with a microphone, MPU6050 motion sensor (accelerometer and gyroscope), onboard 4 buttons (GPIO-KEY, Uboot, Recovery, Reset), IPS display, and Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connectivity which greatly expands the possibilities with this product.
The core features of the development kit include:
- Ultra-small (31mmx22mm) and highly integrated Quad-core Cortex-A7 Linux SoM (System on Module)
- Expansion board (40mmx35mm) with rich peripherals and interfaces: Microphone, Gyroscope, Accelerometer,4 x Buttons (GPIO-KEY,
- Uboot, Recovery, Reset) and a TFT display
- Integrates a complete ARM-Linux system for advanced development
- Ability to design your own baseboard due to the M.2 interface
- Wide range of applications such as a personal server, intelligent voice assistant, and robotic development.