ENS160 is a digital multi-gas sensor specifically designed for indoor air quality monitoring, offering optimum detection of a wide range of gases and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), including toluene, hydrogen, ethanol, NO2, and ozone.
Based on ScioSense innovative TrueVOC™ technology, ENS160 combines the flexibility of four independently controlled sensor elements, based on metal oxide (MOX) technology, with intelligent on-chip algorithms to calculate CO2-equivalents, TVOC, and various air quality indices (AQIs).
The LGA packaged device offers an SPI or I2C slave interface with a separate supply for host communication.
- Detection of reducing (VOCs) and oxidizing gases (e.g., NO2)
- Multiple IAQ outputs (TVOC, eCO2, AQI)
- On-chip data processing
- High immunity to siloxanes and humidity
- Warm-up time: less than 1 minute
- Initial start-up time: less than 1 hour
- Supports up to 4 independent MOX gas sensors
- Integrated pre-calibrated sensor fusion and automatic baseline correction algorithms
- Integrated sensor measurement and heater drive control
- Wide operating ranges:
- Temperature (T): -40 to +85 °C
- Relative humidity (RH): 5 to 95%
- High-speed I2C and SPI interfaces
- Separate digital I/O supply pin:
- VDDIO: from 1.71 to 3.6 V
- Configurable interrupt engine:
- Polarity, pin configuration, events
- Raw sensor data also available
- Low peripheral BOM required
- Compact size: 3.0 x 3.0 x 0.9 mm LGA package
- Tape & reel, reflow solderable