Bison Science is preparing to launch a project that aims to be a perfect solution to the Wi-Fi range limitations of existing boards, called the ESP32-M1 Reach Out Development Board.
The ESP32-M1 Reach Out development board is said to increase range up to two to three times, and is quoted to be more than 1.2km. The ESP32-M1 Reach Out is an excellent solution for developers, makers, engineers, and hobbyists who seek to develop robust communication systems using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth protocols even at a distance. It is integrated with an ESP32 RF SoC that makes getting going with long-range RF as simple as can be. The chipset features both a microcontroller and RF stage in a single package and guarantees a range of more than 1.2km using Wi-Fi 802.11b.
Though with a small size, the ESP32-M1 Reach Out has a methodical design that features amongst others, 17 GPIOS, 3 different voltage outputs, digital external interfaces, external antenna connectors, and a high-power radio front-end for Wi-Fi.
Features & Specifications of the ESP32-M1 Reach Out Development Board include:
- SoC: ESP32-D0WDQ6 RF clocked up to the frequency of 240MHz
- 32 Mbit flash memory
- CP2102 USB serial bridge (USB to UART converter)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2 and Bluetooth Low Energy
- Digital external interfaces and external antenna ports for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Qorvo QPF4219 PA and LNA Wi-Fi front-end (33 dB PA gain and 14 dB LNA gain)
- Configurable Wi-Fi transmit power
- Wi-Fi transmit output power: 27 dBm typical and max 30 dBm
- Wi-Fi receiver sensitivity: -103 dBm for 802.11b, 11 Mbps
- Wi-Fi front-end bypass mode (the Wi-Fi front-end is off, while the ESP32 only is used to transmit and receive).
- UART, I²C, I²S, SPI, PWM, and,
- 12-bit ADC
- 15x GPIOs,
- 2x accessible input-only IOs
- Input Power:
- USB +5 V, ~> 750mA (for high power Wi-Fi front end operations)
- USB +5 V, ~< 300 mA (for normal Wi-Fi, BT and general operations)
- Voltage Outputs: +3.3 V, +4.85 V and USB voltage
- Dimensions: 40 mm x 60 mm
Read more: ESP32-M1 REACH OUT IS A COMPACT AND RICHLY-FEATURED ESP32-M1 DEV BOARD WITH UP TO 1.2 KM WI-FI RANGE