Shenzhen Wesion has recently launched Khadas VIM2 v1.4 with various improvements they neatly describe in a PDF document.
Currently there are three versions of Khadas VIM2 (v1.2) boards:
- VIM2 Basic – 2GB DDR4, 16GB eMMC flash, Ampak AP6356S wireless module with 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, and Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity
- VIM2 Pro – 3GB DDR4, 32GB eMMC flash, Ampak AP6359SA wireless module with 802.11 b/g/n/ac with RSDB and Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity
- VIM2 Max – 3GB DDR4, 64GB eMMC flash, Ampak AP6359SA wireless module with 802.11 b/g/n/ac with RSDB and Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity
The latest Changes:
- AP6398S 802.11ac Wi-Fi (Pro / Max), with Bluetooth 5.0
- Updated fan header to support the 3705 Cooling Fan
- Thinner transformer H5120NL to support the New VIM Heatsink
- Better airflow, and quieter cooling when combined with the DIY Case
- Khadas TST, enter upgrade mode simply by pressing a button
- Refer to this PDF Guide to see all changes from v1.2 to v1.4
- Pro / Max: AP6398S w/ BT 5.0
- Basic: AP6356S w/ BT 4.1
- Excellent performance: Amlogic S912 1.5GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPU, T820MP3 GPU, and up to 3GB DDR4 & 64GB eMMC.
- Unlimited connectivity: 2X2 MIMO AP6398S (Pro / Max) 802.11ac Wi-Fi, 5.x Bluetooth, Gbit Lan and a USB-C(2.0) port.
- Advanced Specs: WOL(Wake on Lan) and RSDB Wi-Fi will improve the user experience steps forward.
- Maker friendly: Equipped with 40-pin GPIO header, cooling fan slot and a programmable MCU.
- Multimedia experts: HDMI2.0a and a powerful VPU with 10-bit 4K H.265/[email protected] playback support.
- Tiny form factor: Thin and light with a dimensions of credit card.
Multi O/S Supported
- Android 7.1
- Google Fuchsia OS
- Linux Mainline
- LibreELEC 8.9 and later version
- Ubuntu 16.04 and later version