Are you on the market for an SoC with advanced wireless connectivity in a really small package? Then, you should take a look at the Nordic Semiconductor nRF52820 SoC, that offers you advanced wireless connectivity and built-in USB 2.0, ready to size-down your awesome projects!
At first glance, nRF52820 seems like any other IC, but it gets more and more interesting when you dive into it. In its small package, there is an ultra low power, fully featured multiprotocol radio that is capable of handling all Bluetooth 5.2 has to offer (such as Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth Mesh, Thread and Zigbee mesh protocols, along with directorion finding, high-throughput 2 Mbps and long-range features), full speed USB 2.0 capabilities, among other digital interfaces and analog capabilities.
Overall, we are looking at a very solid solution, especially when we look at its set of specs:
- ARM Cortex-M4 clocked at 64 MHz
- Memories: 256 KB Flash and 32 KB RAM
- 1.7 to 5.5 V supply voltage range + integrated DC/DC regulator
- Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 5.2 + Direction Finding + High throughput 2 Mbps + Long Range) and Bluetooth mesh
- 802.15.4 protocols (Thread and Zigbee)
- Ultra-low power 2.4 GHz multiprotocol radio (+8 dBm Tx power, -95 dBm Rx sensitivity, 4.9 mA in Tx mode at 0 dBm and 4.7 mA in Rx mode at 1 Mbps)
- Security: 128-bit AES encryption
- Digital interfaces: 12 Mbps Full Speed USB 2.0, UART, 2x SPI/TWI, QDEC
- Other peripherals: Analog comparator, 4x 32-bit timer/counter, 2x 24 real-time counter, PPI, GPIOTE, temperature sensor, WDT and RNG
- Extended operating temperature range (from -40 to +105 ºC)
- package: 5 x 5 mm QFN40 with 18 GPIO pins