STMicroelectronics has introduced their first STM32-based wireless module designed to accelerate the market introduction of new Bluetooth® LE and 802.15.4 based IoT devices: the STM32WB5MMG.
The compact and ultra-low-power STM32WB5MMG is:
a complete ready-to-use subsystem in a single package; the STM32WB5MMG assures excellent radio performance out of the box and comes as a certified solution according to Bluetooth, Zigbee, and OpenThread specifications.
said the company’s Group Vice President, Microcontroller Division.
The STM32-based module aims to reduce design complexities like tuning the antenna and optimizing the RF, thus allowing quicker implementation into customer designs. It has a good receiver sensitivity and a high output power that guarantees a best-in-class RF performance, and also supports BLE 5.0, Zigbee 3.0, OpenThread, 802.15.4 proprietary protocols and even static and dynamic concurrent modes.
Features and Specifications of the STM32WB5MMG wireless module include:
- Arm® Cortex®-M4 CPU with FPU and ART; up to 64 MHz speed
- Arm® Cortex®-M0+ for radio and security tasks; up to 32MHz speed
- 1 Mbyte Flash memory
- 256 Kbyte SRAM
- Supports 2 Mbits/s
- Fully integrated BOM, including 32 MHz radio and 32 kHz RTC crystals
- Integrated SMPS
- Two layers PCB compatible, using external raw pins only.
- Up to 68x GPIOs
- 2x ULP Comparators
- Integrated IPD for reliable antenna matching
- Ultra-low-power modes for battery longevity
- Two watchdog timers
- Integrated chip antenna
- Bluetooth® Low Energy 5.0, Zigbee® 3.0, OpenThread certified
- Dynamic and static concurrent modes
- IEEE 802.15.4-2011 MAC PHY
- 1.8 V to 3.6 V VDD range
- TX output power: Up to +6 dBm
- RX sensitivity: -96 dBm (Bluetooth® Low Energy at 1 Mbps), -100 dBm (802.15.4)
- Range: Up to 75 meters
- Security features: Secure firmware installation (SFI) for radio stack, Customer key storage/key management services, PKA, AES 256-bit, TRNG, PCROP, CRC, 96-bit UID, possibility to derive 802.15.4 and Bluetooth® Low Energy 48-bit UEI
- Dimensions: 7 mm x 11.3 mm
- Temperature Range: -40 ºC to 85 ºC
- Certifications: CE, FCC, IC, JRF, SRRC, RoHS, GOST, KC, NCC, REACH
Read more: STM32WB5MMG WIRELESS MODULE SUPPORTS BLUETOOTH LE, ZIGBEE, OPENTHREAD, AND MORE