The iFixit team uses a suction cup and “some gentle spudgering” to reveal the innards. (There’s a booby trap, but you’ll have to check that out in the full teardown.)
Once inside, iFixit says:
As we ready ourselves to delve into the delightful innards of the 5s, let’s check out some of its tech specs:
- Apple A7 processor with 64-bit architecture
- M7 motion co-processor
- 16, 32, or 64 GB Storage
- 4-inch retina display with 326 ppi
- 8 MP iSight camera (with larger 1.5µ pixels) and a 1.2MP FaceTime camera.
- Fingerprint identity sensor built into the home button
- Available in three different colors: space gray, silver, and gooooooold (or as we call them, Not-at-all-the-Color-of-Space, Second Place Medal, and Bling!).
More from iFixit:
The 5s has a claimed 10 hours of talk time on 3G, but there are rumbles that iOS 7 isn’t doing you any favors … It appears different units sport different battery manufacturers; our “space-gray” spare … comes to us from Simplo Technology Inc.
For more detail: Teardown: iPhone 5s