Automotive Grade Devices Offer High Ripple Currents Up to 3.8 A, Operating Temperatures to +105°C, and Useful Life of 10,000 Hours at 105°C
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. today introduced a new series of low impedance, Automotive Grade miniature aluminum electrolytic capacitors that combines high ripple currents up to 3.8 A with high temperature operation to +105 °C and very long useful life up to 10,000 h at 105°C.
Compared to previous-generation solutions, Vishay BCcomponents 170 RVZ series capacitors offer lower impedance and 10 % to 15 % higher ripple current. This allows designers to utilize fewer components, increasing design flexibility and saving board space. In addition, the AEC-Q200 qualified devices are available in smaller case sizes, ranging from 10 mm by 12 mm up to 18 mm to 40 mm.
- Very long useful life: 4000 h to 10000 h at 105 °C, high stability, high reliability
- Very low impedance and low ESR in smaller case sizes than the 150 RMI series
- Excellent ripple current capability
- Power supplies (SMPS, DC/DC converters) for general industrial, EDP, audio‑video, automotive, and telecommunications
- Smoothing, filtering, buffering
Featuring radial leads and a cylindrical aluminum case, insulated with a blue sleeve, the 170 RVZ series offers rated voltages up to 63 V, capacitance from 100 µF to 6800 µF, and low impedance. The capacitors are charge- and discharge-proof.
As polarized aluminum electrolytic capacitors with a non-solid electrolyte, the RoHS-compliant devices are ideally suited for smoothing, filtering, and buffering in switch mode power supplies and DC/DC converters for industrial, automotive, telecommunications, medical, and consumer applications.