Pervasive Displays’ intelligent monochrome e-paper with integrated timing controller, SPI, and 140 dpi glare-free display
Pervasive Displays’ e-paper technology offers a high level of readability under a wide range of lighting conditions. This Aurora Mb 1.54 inch monochrome display has an outline of 37.32 mm x 31.80 mm and is 1.10 mm thick, providing a square active area of 27.51 mm x 27.51 mm. It is suitable for dynamic labeling in medical, logistics, asset tracking, metering devices, and home automation applications. The display offers a high pixel density of 140 dots-per-inch (dpi) and can also be used with a broad range of scanning technology in conjunction with both 1D and 2D barcode technology.
The energy required to update an electronic paper display (EPD) is sufficiently low to enable it to refresh the screen solely using harvested energy, such as from a nearby RFID reader. The active matrix TFT EPD features an integrated timing controller (TCon) that updates the bistable matrix of pixels. The TCon is interfaced using a serial peripheral interface (SPI) protocol that can be implemented on any common microcontroller. Only a few passive components are required to complete the implementation in the final application. A flexible printed cable (FPC) 7.3 mm in length provides the connection between a microcontroller and the EPD.
- TFT active matrix EPD
- Integrated TCon UC8451
- Display color: black or white
- 152 x 152 resolution
- 140 dpi or 0.181 mm x 0.181 mm pixel pitch
- Low weight: 3.0 g max.
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Super wide viewing angle
- Anti-glare surface treatment
- 1.1 mm thick and extremely light
- 24-pin FPC with 0.5 mm pitch
- Low external BOM count
- 37.32 mm x 31.80 mm x 1.10 mm outer dimensions (excluding FPC)
- 27.51 mm x 27.51 mm active area
- 2.3 V to 3.6 V supply
- 0°C to +50°C operational temperature range
- 30% RH to 90% RH operational ambient humidity