Ice Whale’s ZimaBoard is a small, fanless computer that serves as both an x86 SBC and an appropriate power of a micro server. It is a low-cost standard SBC or mini PC with a 6-watt Intel Apollo Lake processor and a 4K capable mini DisplayPort connector.
ZimaBoard was created by makers who got tired of recurring fees, unfriendly presets, and isolated systems,” says Ice Whale. “We want to make the home digital experience more attractive and affordable. It is not the first of its kind as a single board computer, nor as a router or a micro server, but while traditional single board computer products focus on desktop-level scenarios, ZimaBoard is the first private server designed for Makers, DIYers, and Hackers.
The board features LPDDR4 memory, eMMC storage, dual SATA III ports for up to 4TB local storage, PCIe based storage modules and dual USB 3.0 ports for additional storage. It will be available in two models: ZimaBoard 216 and ZimaBoard 832 which are quite similar but a bit different in chipset, system memory, on-board storage, and of course price.
Features and Specifications of the ZimaBoard include:
- ZimaBoard 216: Dual-core, 1.1 GHz / 2.4 GHz Intel Celeron N3350 processor; 12 EU Intel HD graphics 500 @ 200 MHz / 650 MHz; 6W TDP
- ZimaBoard 832: Quad-core, 1.1 GHz / 2.2 GHz Intel Celeron N3450 processor; 12 EU Intel HD graphics 500 @ 200 MHz / 700 MHz; 6W TDP
- System Memory
- ZimaBoard 216: 2GB LPDDR4
- ZimaBoard 832: 8GB LPDDR4
- On-board storage
- ZimaBoard 216: 16GB eMMC flash
- ZimaBoard 832: 32GB eMMC flash
- Display: 1x Mini-DP 1.2 that supports up to [email protected] video
- Video Decoding: 4K H.264, H.265, MPEG-2, VC-1
- Storage interface: 2x SATA III 6.0 Gb/s ports for HDD or SSD
- Connectivity: 2x GbE ports
- USB: 2x USB 3.0 ports
- Expansion: 1x PCle 2.0 4x slot
- Dimensions: 120 mm x 74.5 mm x 25 mm
Read more: INTEL APOLLO LAKE SBC AND MICRO SERVER, “ZIMABOARD” STARTS AT $70