We’ve covered some mini laptops in past with 7″ to 9″ displays, but most came with a fairly high price due to the somewhat high specs with Amber Lake or Gemini Lake processors, 8GB+ RAM, 128GB+ storage, etc… meaning in most cases you’d have to pay between $500 and $1,000 for such a small device.
If you’d like to buy such a mini laptop for simple tasks but don’t quite want to spend that much money on it, Pretech F700Mi Mini laptop with a 7″ display should be much cheaper thanks to an Intel Atom X5-Z8350 quad-core processor, 4GB RAM, and 32GB to 128GB storage.
Pretech F700Mi Mini Specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8350 quad-core Cherry Trail processor
- System Memory – 4GB or 8GB RAM
- Storage – 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB eMMC flash; MicroSD card slot
- Display – 7″ 1920 x 1200 touchscreen display with pen support
- Video Output – Micro HDMI port
- Audio -3.5mm headphone jack, front-facing stereo speakers, digital audio output via the micro HDMI port
- Camera – 0.3MP webcam
- Connectivity – WiFi & Bluetooth, optional 4G LTE module
- USB – 1x USB type-C port for power and data only, 1x USB 3.0 port
- User Input – QWERTY keyboard, optical touchpad, and mouse buttons
- Misc – Optional fingerprint sensor
- Battery – 5,000 mAh / 3.8V
- Dimensions – 181 x 113.6 x 19.6 mm (metal frame)
- Weight – 541 mm
This Windows 10 laptop is fanless, and there’s a small grid positioned on the bottom to dissipate the heat. Intel Atom x5-Z8350 processor is a low-end processor found in the $35 Atomic Pi SBC, so the good news is that the Pretech F700Mi Mini should be fairly cheap once it comes out maybe sell around $200-$250 retail in its default configuration.
But obviously don’t expect to use the mini laptop as a laptop replacement with multi-tasking in mind since it will be painfully, but for simple tasks like remote logging over SSH or VNC, it should be just fine at a much lower cost than other mini laptops currently on the market.