Geniatech and Linaro announced a “SOM 3399” module that adopts the 96Boards SOM spec and runs Linux on a Rockchip RK3399. There’s also a “CBD96-3399” carrier for the module.
Linaro Ltd, the open source collaborative engineering organization developing software for the Arm® ecosystem, and 96Boards Manufacturing Partner Geniatech today announced the launch of another Rockchip RK3399 Board and Carrier Board.
The module adopts the 96Board Computing SOM specification launched in April 2019. The SOM specification is based on a standard form factor and is compatible across SoCs. This means more choice and flexibility for developers, who can seamlessly plug and play between a range of different SOM solutions. The launch of the RK3399 provides yet another SOM solution, delivering low power consumption and high efficiency, with a CPU frequency up to 1.8 GHZ and excellent image processing ability. The RK3399 SOM can also be combined with the carrier board to form a complete industrial application motherboard, which can be applied in various embedded Internet of Things fields.
The SOM 3399 Includes The Following Features:
- 6-Core CPU provides high-speed processing capability
- High performance Dual-core Arm Cortex-A72 MPCore and Quad-core Arm Cortex-A53MPCore processors. Big cluster with dual-core Cortex-A72 is optimized for high performance and little cluster with quad-core Cortex-A53 is optimized for low power.
- T860MP4 Quad-core GPUdeliversexcellent image processing ability
- 3D Graphics Engine:ARM® Mali-T860 MP4 Quad-core GPU Support OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0 and OpenCL 1.2, DirectX11.1. Supports AFBCEmbedded 4 shader cores with shared hierarchical tiler.
- 4Kx2K up to 60fpsHD Resolution
- Supports 4Kx2K (VP9H.265/HEVC/H.264/AVC), 1080P @ 60fps multi-format video decoding (MPEG-1,MPEG-2,MPEG-4,VC-1),and video encoder for H.264 up to [email protected] 4.1, MVC and VP8. Multiple video input and output interfaces
- 2 MIPI-DSI input interfaces with two ISP image processors, and Embed two VOPs. Supports dual-screen simultaneous/dual-screen display.
- Ultra-high integration – ultra-small size
The core board integrates RK3399, CPU DDR, eMMC, a power management module, and Ethernet PHY chip. It has high integration, which greatly reduces the design difficulty of the application backplane and helps enterprises to quickly develop mass production specific application products.