Variscite has announced the launch of a new i.MX 8X-based Module. The VAR-SOM-MX8X product family supports NXP i.MX 8QuadXPlus / 8DualXPlus / 8DualX processors with up to 4 1.2GHz Cortex™-A35 cores. The module provides efficient power/performance architecture, built-in safety features and highly integrated multimedia support.
This highly integrated solution is designed to support a wide range of high-reliability and power-efficient applications, from industrial automation & control to defense, telematics, medical, building control, robotics and failover displays/HMI. The SoM interfaces options and multimedia features include Camera Interfaces, DSI / LVDS, Parallel LCD, Vivante GC7000Lite GPU for 2D and 3D graphics acceleration, 4K H.265 Decode, 1080p H.264 Encode/Decode, dual GbE, certified Wi-Fi/BT, CAN/CAN-FD, USB3.0 and serial interfaces.
Thanks to the integration of ARM’s most efficient Cortex™-A35 cores with its Cortex-M4F real-time co-processor, the VAR-SOM-MX8X offers high processing capabilities in a power-optimized platform.
The VAR-SOM-MX8X is a part of Variscite’s Pin2Pin product family and is pin-compatible with Variscite’s VAR-SOM-MX6, VAR-SOM-SOLO/DUAL and the upcoming VAR-SOM-MX8. By offering Pin2Pin families, Variscite’s customers benefit from a high level of scalability, extended lifetime availability and reduced development time, cost and risk.
Availability and pricing
The VAR-SOM-MX8X Evaluation Kits are now available for early access orders.
Variscite pin2pin product families – Two highly scalable product families based on NXP processors:
VAR-SOM-MX8X key features:
- NXP iMX8X 1.2GHz Dual / Quad Core Cortex™-A35
- Real-time 264MHz Cortex™-M4F co-processor
- Integrated security and fail-safe features
- 24-bit parallel LCD, LVDS/DSI
- 2D/3D graphics acceleration
- Up to 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB eMMC
- 4K H.265 Decode, 1080p H.264 Encode/Decode
- HQ audio in/out
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet, 2x USB 3.0, PCI-E
- Camera in: 1x MIPI-CSI2, 1x parallel CSI 8/10-bit
- Certified Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n + BT4.2/BLE
- Analog Input, CAN/CAN-FD, UART, SPI, I2C, SD/MMC, Touch
- Temperature range -40 to 85° C
- OS: Linux, Android
- Up to 15 years longevity