Helianthus: The Solar Tracking System using ATmega16 microcontroller
Renewable energy solutions are becoming increasingly popular. Photovoltaic (solar) systems are but one example. Maximizing power output from a solar system is desirable to increase efficiency. In order to maximize power output from the solar panels, one needs to keep the panels aligned with the sun. As such, a means of tracking the sun is required. This is a far more cost effective solution than purchasing additional solar panels.
It has been estimated that the yield from solar panels can be increased by 30 to 60 percent by utilizing a tracking system instead of a stationary array. This project develops an automatic tracking system which will keep the solar panels aligned with the sun in order to maximize efficiency.
For more detail: Helianthus: The Solar Tracking System using ATmega16 microcontroller
This free embedded project also found using:
- solar tracking system using microcontroller
- solar tracker robot using microcontroller
- Atmega 32 Code for solar tracking
- solar tracker project using 8051
- in which components are used in solar tracking system using Atmega 16 microcontroller
- Solar tracking using atmega 32