SenseTemp by Capable Robot Components is an accurate and flexible four-channel temperature sensor for instrumenting electronics that is compatible with Adafruit M0 Adalogger and is of course Open Source.
SenseTemp is an open source, four-channel temperature sensor designed for instrumenting electronics. It uses extremely accurate platinum resistive temperature detector (RTD) elements which are small enough to place directly on ICs, heatsinks, and other points of interest on an electronic circuit board.
Features & Specifications
- Small: The resistive temperature detector (RTD) elements are 2 mm x 4 mm x 1 mm, making them thermally responsive and great for measuring small or dynamic point heat sources. The interface PCB is also small and easy to mount to a mobile system or within existing equipment.
- Battery Powered: including Li-Poly & USB power banks
- Wireless Option: to make test setup faster and more flexible
- Accurate: to ensure that temperature data is useful, actionable, and repeatable
- Actuation (SenseTemp TEC only)
- Thermo-electric cooler (TEC) driver: VNH5019A + necessary passives for 12 V Peltier junction (@ 5 A or less)
- Auxiliary switchable power output (12 V @ 1 A) for driving fan or other device
- Sensor Cable Harness
- Connector: single 16-pin IDC header breaks out to 4 x four-wire RTD leads
- Ribbon cable: 30 AWG, 0.025” pitch, silicone insulation
- Available cable lengths: 0.4 m, 0.7 m, 1.5 m
- Adafruit Feather Compatibility
- See the Adafruit Compatibility Section for additional details
- CircuitPython (for feathers with Atmel SAMD21 M0/M4 processor)
- MicroPython (for feathers with ESP32 processor)
- USB-powered via Adafruit Feather
- Independent 5 V to 3.3 V regulators for the host Feather and MAX31865
- SenseTemp only:
- Supports optional Li-Poly battery
- Sensing ICs can be powered down to extend battery life