The taste of the tea depends on a lot of variables:
- The make of the tea. I buy my tea at Simon Levelt and they have approximately 200 different tastes of tea.
- Temperature of the water.
- Amount of tea in relation to the amount of water.
- The way the water is poured over the tea or the tea is put in the water.
- The time the tea is in the water.
- If the water is stirred while the tea is in the water.
- Whether the bitter tea dripping from the tea container is allowed to mix with the rest of the tea.
I always have the problem that if I make my tea I forget to take the tea out of the water at the right time because I’m always distracted by a multitude of things after putting the tea in the water. To take care of this I had a simple to make but effective idea. Above the kitchen sink under the cupboards I mount a little motor with a little winch which takes the tea out of the water after a pre programmed time.
For more detail: Tea Timer using ATTiny2313 microcontroller