· Programmable, 5 channel synthesizer.
· Natural phonetic speech synthesis.
· DTMF and other sound effects.
· Programmable control of pitch, rate, bend and volume.
· Programmable power-up or reset announcements.
· Multiple modes of operation.
· Simple interface to microcontrollers.
· Simple “Stand Alone” operation.
· Three programmable digital outputs.
· Internal 64 Byte input buffer.
· Internal programmable EEPROM.
· Extremely low power consumption.
· Low pin count.
· Multiple case styles available.
SpeakJet General Description
The SpeakJet is a completely self contained, single chip voice and complex sound synthesizer. It uses Mathematical Sound Architecturetm(MSA) technology which controls an internal five channel sound synthesizer to generate on-the-fly, unlimited vocabulary speech synthesis and complex sounds. The SpeakJet is preconfigured with 72 speech elements (allophones), 43 sound effects, and 12 DTMF Touch Tones. Through the selection of these MSA components and in combination with the control of the pitch, rate, bend, and volume parameters, the user has the ability to produce unlimited phrases and sound effects, with thousands of variations, at any time. This is not recorded waveforms or sound fragments but truly synthetic sound. The SpeakJet can be controlled simultaneously by logic changes on any one of its eight Event Input lines, and/or by a Serial Data line from a CPU (such as the OOPic, Basic Stamp, AVR or PC) allowing for both CPU-controlled and Stand-Alone operations. Other features include an internal 64 byte input buffer, Internal Programmable EEPROM, three programmable outputs, and direct user access to the internal five channel sound synthesizer.
This free embedded project also found using:
- interfacing speakjet to microcontroller